You don’t need a website.
ADAPT OR DIE!
Here are 3 ways you can get customers in the door, without a website.
- Conduct interviews and solicit testimonials
- Show the effectiveness of your services
2. Social media
- Publish video content, photos or industry links.
- Use your videos to create content for social media. Pull quotes, images and GIFs and you will have lots of content to share.
- Engage with your followers. If you spend more than half your time just responding to questions and initiating conversations, you will be successful.
3. Google My Business
A Google My Business page is the new “You need a website!”. It’s free, it’s easy and it helps you increase search visibility on the #1 search engine on the Internet. It’s basically a business listing. You can post business information, gather leads, and customers can submit testimonials. You can even use it to build a website. Just Google “Google My Business” to get started.
Without a website, how do you get customers?
- Bgfindashop.com! If you’re a BG Shop, vehicle owners use bgfindashop.com to find locations near them, and that location could be you! Check with your BG Representative to make sure all your shop information is up to date.
- Social media: If you’re looking to connect with customers, they’ll contact you through any social media platform, including Google My Business. Be sure to have your notifications on or check these platforms regularly to respond promptly to their requests. Digital customer service is just as important.
BG Content Strategy Manager
Danielle manages the content for the websites, social media and advertising. She’s contributed articles on marketing to women, social media, advisor training and customer service to automotive publications including Fixed Ops and National Oil and Lube News. While she’s mainly focused on Content and Digital Marketing, Danielle is an astute female consumer who loves to share her stories in hopes of improving customer service at every establishment she frequents.