SCOPE: This Plan does not extend a vehicle manufacturer’s warranty and will take effect after the OEM warranty expires. However, BG Products, Inc., will pay your deductible amount under any extended service contract purchased by you. It is subject to the terms and conditions contained herein.
COVERED: Payment of claims under this Plan is limited to the labor time necessary to make repairs or to replace any irreparably damaged parts as allocated by ProDemand® or other industry accepted flat rate guide, multiplied by the commercial repair shop’s posted hourly labor rate, plus the reasonable cost of replaced parts of like kind and quality at the administrator’s discretion.
CONDITIONS AND EXCLUSIONS: If the vehicle odometer has been changed or altered, or if odometer has ceased to function, coverage under the terms of this Plan are not in effect. This Plan covers only legally registered passenger cars, vans, SUVs, and pick-up trucks with a GVW of 9,500 pounds (4,300 kg) or less. Motorcycles, RVs, and vehicles with more than two axles are excluded. Vehicles used for competitive purposes are excluded. Vehicle repairs included in a NHTSA or manufacturer-issued recall, TSB, or vehicles with known manufacturer issues will not be covered by this Plan. If covered vehicle is used for towing a trailer or other vehicle or object, this Plan is not in effect unless covered vehicle is equipped with factory-installed tow package. Any claim resulting from collision, fire, theft, vandalism, contamination of fluids, acts of God, misuse, abuse, negligence, damage caused by operation during component failure, aftermarket modification which affects component specified in claim, lack of normal maintenance required by vehicle manufacturer renders this Plan null and void. Pre-existing conditions, damage to system components prior to the service are excluded and may be verified through independent parts analysis at the discretion of BG Products, Inc. Also excluded are “Washed,” “Branded,” Salvage or Junk titled vehicles and services performed as a demonstration or complimentary services. Failure to furnish all necessary records will render this Plan null and void.
CLAIMS AND REPAIR PROCEDURES: In the event of a claim and prior to beginning any repairs, the Repair Facility MUST submit the following information to and receive claim authorization from Courtesy Claims Management, LLC (CCM):
- Repair Order showing kit part number and installation date, VIN and mileage.
- If necessary, all service repair orders showing compliance with the terms and conditions of previous plans or service warranties, (excluding OEM extended warranties) and proof of previous plan.
- Bill of Sale.
- A written estimate for repairs, including part numbers, prices and labor hours listed separately.
- Provide a diagnosis and description of the fluid (if relevant).
- If the repair in question has not been fully diagnosed and/or torn down, the Repair Facility must get the customer’s authorization to do so and email or fax CCM when a complete diagnosis is available. (Charges for diagnostic procedures and teardown costs are not covered unless they are an integral part of the repair.)
- We have the right to a third party inspection on any claim submitted and before any repair is completed.
If required, you must ship the damaged parts, as well as a representative pint sample of vehicle fluid involved with the damaged parts, to:
- BG Products, Inc., Laboratory
- 701 S. Wichita St.
- Wichita, KS 67213 USA
All claims will be closed out within 30 days from initial filing date (paid or unpaid).
Limited to one claim per vehicle per owner.
This Plan is not transferable if vehicle ownership changes. BG Products, Inc., is not responsible for incidental or consequential damages. It will apply only to authorized repairs made for vehicles operated in the United States of America, Puerto Rico or Canada. This document may not be modified. The terms and conditions contained within may be subject to change without notice. Courtesy Claims Management, LLC, reserves the right to verify up to 24 months of service history when processing a claim.