The Sourcing Specialist will handle strategic/tactical decisions and duties for the Purchasing Department. Normal Buying responsibilities will also apply, which are: Responsible to source, negotiate, and purchase for production all assigned commodities and products while focusing on cost reduction, quality standards, and supplier delivery performance.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Make day-to-day decisions involving the Purchasing Department. The decisions should be based on the strategic goals set out by the Purchasing Manager.
- Researches and sources new products. Works with project management teams and gathers information on new products for research and development.
- Supplies cost accounting information on all new items, price increases, and decreases. Provide management with forecasted industry changes when appropriate.
- Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support,
- availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities, and the supplier’s reputation and history.
- Sources new suppliers and negotiates pricing of new items or possible price increases.
- Maintains and improves vendor relations so as to improve consistent quality, cost, and delivery performance.
- May prepare purchase orders including quantities to insure proper material flow on items needed. Expedites purchase order to insure timely delivery.
- Maintains procurement records such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories.
- May discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services with Quality and Plant Manager, users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
- May monitor reject material returns and credits for material and labor when necessary. works with supervisor and quality assurance to identify problems. Contacts supplier to arrange delivery of replacement material, disposition of rejected material, and credit for material and/or labor. Keeps all necessary personnel updated on arrival of replacement material and disposition of rejected material.
- Will lead and/or participate in a variety of department related projects.
- Works with all other departments to achieve company goals.
- Evaluate and monitor contract performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and to determine need for changes.
- Analyze price proposals, financial reports, and other data and information to determine reasonable prices.
- Confer with staff, users, and vendors to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services and determine corrective action.
- Works with other Buyers as directed.
- Has ability to run MRP and generate orders.
- Monitor and follow applicable laws and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.S. Degree in Business or related field required.
- 3-5 years of experience in related position required. Specific experience required in fundamentals of material requirement planning (MRP) in a manufacturing environment along with a direct working knowledge of processes related to Quality Systems, New Product Development, and Project Management required.
BG Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.