The software developer develops specifications for moderately complex software programming applications and modifies/maintains the existing software. This role develops, modifies and maintains applications that may be customized or standardized. This position participates in project management, design, and coding activities with other staff members.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, build, deliver and maintain software solutions.
- Establish software work estimates and scheduling.
- Create technical documents to install new components in the production environment.
- Identify risks, issues, and assumptions as they arise – work with stakeholders to identify and resolve quickly.
- Translate business needs/goals and requirements into technical requirements and technical specifications.
- Responsible for code/infrastructure/product stability, security and performance
- Own and develop code for assigned requirements.
- Help research and solve issues with stability, performance, and reported bugs.
- Able to identify and troubleshoot Windows and Linux web server issues.
- Design, build, and maintain SQL databases.
- Identify and solve technology-related bottlenecks, and provide enhancements to existing code base.
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Implement and support deployments to Cloud Services such as AWS and Azure.
- Assist in the quality of architecture, design, implementation and deployment of SmartVMA applications.
- Increase team productivity and effectiveness by sharing technical knowledge in application development, performance, scalability, system architecture and engineering best practices.
- Understand the business processes in automotive fixed operations and how these processes tie into our applications.
- Advance the current state of system functionality with modern solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related field, from an accredited school required.
- 3+ years of experience doing web application development required.
- Experience building high performing scalable, flexible, and extensible consumer-facing web applications and services-oriented product platforms.
- Experience building web applications using server-side and client-side frameworks.
- Experience using Git, or similar version control system.
- Experience with relational database design.
- Experience building and consuming APIs and integrations with external applications, services, data sources, and 3rd parties.
- Experience with unit and integration testing.
- Experience building software solutions as part of a team environment.
BG Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.