Leads the corporate perspective for all domestic and occasional International Trade Operations (ITO) research, data and sales analysis projects. Responsibilities will include projects that focus on core products, competitive activity, market segments, internal sales and macro-market evaluations and forecasts. Conveying historical, present and forecast perspectives will be crucial. Assist in supporting current business initiatives in collaboration with our global Distributor Network.
Duties and responsibilities
Research Data and Trend Analysis
- Products – coordinate internal identification, statistical analysis, evaluation, reporting and presenting
- Competitive Activity – acquisition of information and data for key products, services, equipment and segments from internal and external resources. Historical, present and forecasting perspectives
- Market Segments – examination and identification of existing and emerging segments
- Industry Macro-Trend Analysis – internal and external sourced research and reporting
- Industry Forecasting – attend events and provide feedback on market trends and competitive analysis
- External Data Sources – coordinate all external data purchasing cycles and recommend new data sources based upon emerging segments and trends
- Survey Projects – lead and coordinate all efforts with internal and external resources, culminating in presenting to senior leadership
- Market Share Research – lead, coordinate and present all efforts with core segment analysis, culminating in presenting to senior leadership
- Create, analyze, recommend, report quarterly and annual sales data by category, product and / or territory (sales operations analysis)
- Create long-term sales forecasting through performance v. budget analysis combined with market research findings and statistical analysis (demand planning analysis)
- Propose product and segment opportunities based on sales trend analysis
- Performs variance to budget analysis by sales territory and various hierarchies based on product segments
- Review, analyze, report and present product life-cycling opportunities
New Products and Programs
- Assist Marketing, Operations, Sales and Technology departments with market, channel and product segment analysis to assist in product development and market expansion.
Additional Projects and Programs
- Maintain and update annual budget summarizations for responsible cost centers
- Assist with ad hoc internal and external requests that may have challenging timeframes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Occasional staggered work hours may be required
- Business travel may be required – approx 10%
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business required
- Master’s Degree in Business required
- Five to Ten years of research, data and sales experience required
- Experience in lieu of education will be considered
- Knowledge of and demonstrated experience with research and data acquisition, analysis organization, reporting and recommendation
- Coordination with multiple departments within an organization
- Experience in reporting and presenting to senior leadership
- Collaboration experience with internal customers
- Ability to support numerous projects ongoing concurrently
- Advanced use of MS Office (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint), Microsoft Access, Microsoft SQL and Quickbase
BG is an equal opportunity employer. Employment at BG is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications directly
related to professional competence. BG does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color,
religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran
status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law.