As a member of BG Products’ strategic research and development team, the Research Chemist will work with chemical scientists to support strategic technology research projects, assist in the development of new products, and assist in maintaining existing products. In addition, the Research Chemist will assist senior level scientists in analyzing a wide variety of samples from the field (e.g., sales support and competitor product samples), providing technical and analytical support to both internal and external customers, investigating and resolving customer complaints and issues that involve BG’s products, writing analytical reports, and maintaining/troubleshooting laboratory equipment and instrumentation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform routine and non-routine analytical testing on a wide variety of chemical samples
- Interpret and correlate laboratory results into written analytical reports
- Report the results of experiments, tests, and analyses to the Project Lead Chemist via data forms, technical reports, email, spreadsheets, or other suitable media
- Assist in planning experiments and analyzing experimental results
- Assist in developing new analytical methodologies and test protocols
- Accurately and thoroughly document experimental practices and observations, record experimental data and results
- Maintain accurate and current records of all results and procedures (for example, in LIMS)
- Assist project teams and participate in project meetings and discussions
- Clean and maintain analytical instrumentation, laboratory glassware, and laboratory equipment by following operating instructions and working with instrument and equipment manufacturers on troubleshooting and repairs
- Follow lab safety protocols and procedures to ensure a safe and healthy work environment
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Education –BA/BS in Chemistry required. Industry experience and college related science/math courses in lieu of education will be considered
- Experience – Minimum two years’ experience in a chemical laboratory, the chemical process industries, or allied field required.
- Minimum of two years experience in petroleum or allied industry, including experience in R&D testing preferred
- Must be computer literate with good knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word, and Adobe Acrobat
BG Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.