The Regulatory Compliance Specialist is part of the overall Integrated Management System team and is responsible for ensuring compliance for all portfolios of BG Products Inc chemical products. This role collaborates with various stakeholders and provides expertise and advice on project timelines in support of commercialization, product maintenance and innovation.
Duties and responsibilities
- Accurately interpret and apply specialized knowledge in North American health, safety, packaging, labeling, reporting and transportation regulations
- Ensure products are in full compliance with regulatory requirements for federal and state labeling, hazard communication, reporting and/or registration requirements (as dictated by OSHA, CLP/REACH, DOT and other agencies)
- Support company-wide compliance through compilation of required data to prepare and submit VOC CARB/OTC, EPA/CDR, TSCA 12B, NDSL reports to appropriate regulatory bodies
- Respond to internal and external customer concerns regarding the regulatory compliance status of BG Products Inc. chemical products.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and teams to evaluate and minimize risk and drive compliance of existing product lines, changes and innovation projects in support of departmental and regional objectives
- Maintain knowledge of relevant regulation, monitor proposed changes in regulations
- Identify potential risks for the company and suggest action and/or corrective course to management to minimize such risk and ensure timely compliance
- Actively follow and participate in industry trade associations
- Responsible for maintaining quality within the scope of the job description;
- Performs other duties and participates in special projects as required.
- BA/BS in Environmental Science (preferred), or related field preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in a corporate regulatory environment with the responsibility for chemical compliance with health, safety, packaging, labeling and transportation regulations in the Professional and Industrial setting in the US and Canada
- Broad knowledge of health, safety, packaging, labeling and transportation regulations that apply to chemicals and formulated products in the Professional, Industrial and Consumer setting in US and Canada
- DOT/IMDG/IATA Certification a plus
BG Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.