Will be responsible for performing chemical evaluation on inbound raw materials and outbound finished goods. Will also work with both the Manufacturing and Production departments to ensure quality processes are in place and continual process improvements are made.
Duties and responsibilities
- Perform all physical and analytical testing on inbound and outbound products, additives and raw materials used in the manufacturing plant
- Help with sampling and analysis of Production overflow fluids and flush material
- Will interpret and correlate laboratory results into report form and notify appropriate personnel in cases of discrepancy
- Assist Manufacturing Supervisor and other plant personnel on a daily basis to ensure product quality and shipping schedules
- QC Technician will be expected to acquire the skills and knowledge needed to perform all test procedures used in the lab
- May be required to assist in other areas to technically support manufacturing operations and related activities
- Will perform routine maintenance on laboratory equipment
- Will write/modify standard operating procedures when necessary
- Must follow environmental, safety, and first aid procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Education – AA/AS degree in Chemistry/Chemical Technology or related science preferred. Industry experience and college related science/math courses in lieu of education will be considered.
- Experience – Minimum of six months experience in a laboratory or laboratory setting
BG Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.