BG Products, Inc. – Tools & Equipment Division located in Derby, Kansas manufactures and distributes a broad line of specialty Tools/Equipment for use in the Automotive Professional Trade Industry through a network of distributors worldwide.
The QA Technician position will work in collaboration with the Manufacturing Team to perform inspections, internal audits, and statistical process control activities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Inspect parts, subassemblies, tools, machines, packaging components, and finished products
- Perform first article inspection on both new and changed products
- Record, maintain, and analyze testing, defect, and audit data
- Use hand tools and measurement tools such as calipers, micrometers, radius gages, thread gages, etc.
- Perform process and internal audits
- Write and update inspection and testing procedures
- Identify and maintain measuring and monitoring equipment
- Identify and control nonconforming product
- Implement and maintain statistical process control activities
- Be a team member or leader of continual improvement projects and activities as assigned
- Continual learning and implementation of quality and industry best practices
- Will work overtime if needed
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 2-5 years of manufacturing experience required.
- 2 + years of QA / QC experience preferred.
- Proficient experience with Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel and Outlook is required.
- Statistical Process Control (SPC), internal auditing, continual improvement project experience is preferred.
BG Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.