Incumbent is a management employee with responsibility for the work activities and resources of production department which involves the manufacturing of products in accordance with safety, quality, cost, and delivery requirements. Supervise and coordinate the activities of assigned hourly workforce and responsible for the daily operation of the production department.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervise the direct processing of materials and the associated hourly workforce to ensure attainment of key business results in areas of Safety, Quality, Cost, and Delivery to our Internal and External Customers.
- Effectively collaborate with and manage a work team with specific responsibility for motivating others, ensuring performance, schedule execution, task coordination, equipment and area preparation and effective administration of personnel policies and procedures.
- Manage conflict and effect resolution to technical and personnel challenges is key along with openness to change and the ability to effect positive change.
- Collaborate with team members in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives and action plans.
- Support activities in the areas of cost containment, efficiency, productivity, energy conservation, waste minimization, operational excellence and lean practices.
- Demonstrate integrity, credibility and flexibility in their daily performance so as to motivate others to do the same.
- Assure compliance with safety, environmental practices, ISO, and SOPs in the work area.
- Participate in external/internal audits and inspections.
- Initiate the investigation when a quality or safety event occurs during the shift.
- Work with members from Quality, Maintenance, Blending, and Technology to properly handle unplanned events
- Ensure that corrective actions are implemented.
- Ensure that personnel under his/her supervision are properly trained in procedures, good documentation practices and regulatory matters.
- Participate in design and implementation of training and development programs.
- Perform performance management and disciplinary process.
- Ensure materials receiving and verification in the work area, equipment cleaning, set-up and area cleaning and verification are completed according to procedures.
- Assure that materials are properly handled and equipment is properly operated according to SOPs, guidelines, and regulations.
- Maintain control of processes and product quality by ensuring compliance with ISO, safety and environmental regulations.
- Monitor the manufacturing processes during the shift.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school graduate or GED required. B.S. degree preferred
- 3 – 5 years of experience in manufacturing environment preferred
BG Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.