Performs a variety of tasks requiring knowledge of production processes in support of production workers and responsible for day to day operations associated with the production lines.
Duties and responsibilities
- Signals coworkers to facilitate moving product during processing
- Tends to equipment to facilitate process
- Turns valves to regulate flow of liquids or air, to start pump, and to regulate equipment
- Starts machines or equipment to begin process
- Marks or tags identification on parts
- Measures finished products, components, or assemblies for functioning, operation, accuracy, or assembly to verify adherence to functional specifications
- Inspects materials, products, and work in progress for conformance to specifications, and adjusts process or assembly equipment to meet standards
- Reads dials and meters to ensure that equipment is operating according to specifications
- Discards or rejects products, materials, and equipment not meeting specifications
- Reads and interprets materials, such as work orders, inspection manuals to determine inspection and test procedures
- Installs and positions change over parts, components, and instruments
- Monitors quality control on packaging lines
- Makes sure containers are clean, tightening lids, using correct containers, cartons, and proper markings
- Follows correct pattern of pallet stacking
- Assists with counts on package reports and properly marks all containers including stenciling, labeling, etc.
- Assists with inventory damage control during filling process
- Cleans and lubricates equipment
- Works overtime as needed
- Follows strict safety rules
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: High school diploma or GED required.
BG Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.