Performs a variety of tasks requiring knowledge of production processes in support of production workers and responsible for day to day operations associated with the production lines.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Signals coworkers to facilitate moving product during processing
• Tends to equipment to facilitate process
• Turns valves to regulate flow of liquids or air, to start pump, and to regulate equipment
• Starts machines or equipment to begin process
• Marks or tags identification on parts
• Measures finished products, components, or assemblies for functioning, operation, accuracy, or assembly to verify adherence to functional specifications
• Inspects materials, products, and work in progress for conformance to specifications, and adjusts process or assembly equipment to meet standards
• Reads dials and meters to ensure that equipment is operating according to specifications
• Discards or rejects products, materials, and equipment not meeting specifications
• Reads and interprets materials, such as work orders, inspection manuals to determine inspection and test procedures
• Installs and positions change over parts, components, and instruments
• Monitors quality control on packaging lines
• Makes sure containers are clean, tightening lids, using correct containers, cartons, and proper markings
• Follows correct pattern of pallet stacking
• Assists with counts on package reports and properly marks all containers including stenciling, labeling, etc.
• Assists with inventory damage control during filling process
• Cleans and lubricates equipment
• Works overtime as needed
• Follows strict safety rules
• Other duties as assigned
High school diploma or GED required.
BG is an equal opportunity employer. Employment at BG is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. BG does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law.