Will be responsible for conducting preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs associated with production packaging and support equipment.
Duties and responsibilities
• Install, repair or service machinery, equipment, and support systems as required
• Work directly with production associates and management to problem solve and correct equipment reliability issues
• Execute predictive and preventative maintenance practices for all production and/or batching equipment
• Identify and correct potential equipment problems using various troubleshooting methods
• Properly perform all necessary maintenance tasks to production lines (changeovers, component replace/repair/rebuild, modifications)
• Ensure quality of work to reduce call backs
• Follow all procedures and work instructions to ensure conformance to company policies
• Will work overtime and other duties as assigned
• Comply and participate with BG safety, quality, and policy guidelines
High school diploma or GED required. Vocational training preferred. Two (2) to three (3) years’ experience in industrial maintenance required with an emphasis on packaging equipment preferred. Experience with repairing and troubleshooting electrical and pneumatic packaging equipment including: seamers, fillers, and programmable logic controllers. Welding/fabrication experience required.
BG is an equal opportunity employer. Employment at BG is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. BG does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law.