Will be responsible for conducting preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs associated with production packaging and support equipment.
Duties and responsibilities
- Perform service/installation of equipment utilizing OEM support
- Ensure first hour efficiency after a changeover is optimal and call backs are minimized
- Evaluate OEM p.m.s are adequate for the operating environment; assist with further development of p.m.’s and predicative maintenance models of performance
- Ensure new and existing equipment is evaluated for safety of operation
- Properly perform all necessary maintenance tasks (SME) to three production lines (changeovers, component replace/repair/rebuild, modifications)
- Assist with inventory of spare parts and ensure accuracy of parts checked out
- Assist with SOP and procedural generation as required
- Troubleshoot fluid transfer systems and ensure performance is optimal
- Ensure proper documentation and communication in the event substantial downtime is realized or modifications are performed to equipment
- Install and troubleshoot AC/DC VFD’s, electrical components as needed
- Comply and participate with BG safety, quality, and policy guidelines
- Will work overtime as needed while remaining flexible to changing schedules
- Maintenance technician 1 tasks and responsibilities as well as other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED required. Vocational training preferred.
- Two (2) to three (3) years’ experience in industrial maintenance required with an emphasis on packaging equipment preferred.
- Experience with repairing and troubleshooting electrical and pneumatic packaging equipment including: seamers, fillers, and programmable logic controllers.
- Intermediate Welding/fabrication/pneumatic experience required.
BG Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer– All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.