The Production Artist will produce copy layouts for visual communications media, determine size and arrangement of graphics and copy, and prepare art for print production.
Duties and responsibilities
- Build organized, accurate production files following comprehensive brand guidelines.
- Review final layouts and implement improvements as needed.
- Leverage expertise with labeling procedures, requirements, and quality system to ensure all deliverables are fully compliant and free of errors.
- Key information into computer equipment to create layouts for supervisor.
- Organize and maintain archive of graphic elements and work products.
- Prepare production-ready files for printer.
- Use computer software to generate new images.
- Maintain strong working relationships with our outside vendors, i.e. printers, other agencies.
- Maintain working knowledge of all areas of production, and order entry, as it pertains to art and production.
- Successfully manage a large volume of revisions to an asset with minimal oversight
- Final file print preparation
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or related field preferred. Experience in lieu of professional training will be considered.
- Thorough working knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop.
- Knowledge of print production processes.
- Detail-oriented, deadline-driven self-starter with exceptional project management skills who can juggle multiple projects and collaborate across teams.
- Takes direction well and understands how to be creative within established guidelines.
- Ability to keep up and be proactive in a fast paced environment.
- A demonstrated focus on execution – on time and on budget.
- Ability to create great working relationships with all levels within the company and across multiple disciplines
BG Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.