A warehouse operator is responsible for managing the supply chain process, handling vendor orders and interactions, implementing safety regulations, and checking all packages for quality assurance. Individuals in this role should be extremely detail oriented and possess basic math skills. It’s also expected that warehouse operators have adequate physical strength to successfully unload shipments. It may be required to operate a forklift or other warehouse machinery.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain warehouse accuracies through inventory verification and cycle counting and related system transactions
- Daily data entry and verification of work order process
- Routinely audit inventory transactions along with data entry of those transactions and report any discrepancies
- Provide inventory support and functions for other departments as required
- Assist in the cleanliness and organization of the warehouse
- Maintain and provide information and updates to company project reports as needed
- Physical inventory and audit functions as required
- Maintain department records, files and reports in an organized manner
- Loads materials to and from designated storage areas, such as racks and shelves, or vehicles, such as trucks.
- Repair and refurbish returned equipment as necessary.
- Stage, shrink wrap and ship customer orders.
- Stacks or piles materials, such as pallets.
- Maintain filled inventory areas in orderly manner.
- Check items to be shipped against work orders to ascertain that quantities, destination, and routing are correct.
- Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental control standards.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Other duties as assigned
- Education – High school graduate or GED required.
- Experience – Certified Forklift Operator preferred. Two (2) years minimum forklift operation experience.
This position will work between 30-40 hours a week.