The Package Designer will design art and copy layouts for label and packaging design files, revising with updated information when needed, prepare art for print production and ensure design standards are upheld through print production.
Duties and responsibilities
- Create designs, concepts, and sample layouts based on knowledge of layout principles and aesthetic design concepts.
- Confer with Studio Manager and other employees to discuss and determine layout design.
- Determine size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, and select style and size of type.
- Use computer software to edit digital images.
- Build organized, accurate production files following comprehensive brand guidelines.
- Review final layouts and implement improvements as needed.
- Leverage expertise with labeling procedures, requirements, and quality system to ensure all deliverables are fully compliant and free of errors.
- Communicate with outside vendors regarding packaging artwork, proofing and press check as necessary.
- Responsible for maintenance of packaging graphics filing systems, paper based and online.
- Monitor and work with cross-functional teams and project management to address issues that could negatively impact schedule or quality.
- Consult with the Quality Assurance to resolve print quality issues.
- Be consistently on the lookout for opportunities and ways to improve labeling processes and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or related field required. Experience in lieu of professional training will be considered.
- 3-5 years in packaging design or production artist role
- Strong design skill set proficient in illustration, iconography, typography and layout.
- Adobe product portfolio expert (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), and other graphic design tools.
- Detail-oriented, deadline-driven self-starter with exceptional project management skills who can juggle multiple projects and collaborate across teams.
- Takes direction well and understands how to be creative within established guidelines.
- Knowledge of print and digital production processes.
- Ability to keep up and be proactive in a fast-paced environment.
- A demonstrated focus on execution – on time and on budget.
- Ability to create great working relationships with all levels within the company and across multiple disciplines
BG is an equal opportunity employer. Employment at BG is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. BG does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law.