Will prepare and stage all products and raw materials that are placed on customer sales orders, production work orders and inventory transfer orders.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Loads materials to and from designated storage areas, such as racks and shelves, or vehicles, such as trucks
- Provides production line support through the delivery and removal of raw materials and finished goods
- Determines and coordinates requirements and tasks based on production scheduling
- Verifies items and quantities being delivered to production for use and provides appropriate and accurate documentation for transaction entries and records
- Properly marks and identifies items and verifies counts on materials being returned to stock
- Completes stock rotation of materials and finished goods by batch or lot numbers and by appropriate part number in the various warehouse locations
- Loads and/or unloads materials from delivery trucks, and assists the receiving team as needed; FIFO, scanner accuracy, generate barcodes and pallet tags, etc…
- Housekeeping and upkeep of warehouse facilities, department equipment, and work areas
- Stacks and piles materials, such as pallets, as needed
- Checks items to be shipped against sales orders to ascertain that quantities, destination, and routing are correct
- Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental control standards
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Works overtime as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- High school graduate or GED required
- Two (2) years minimum forklift operation experience strongly preferred
- Certified Forklift Operator preferred.
BG is an equal opportunity employer. Employment at BG is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. BG does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law.