The Marketing Project & Proofreading Specialist reviews, proofs, and edits written, digital, and video content in a fast-paced environment. Our ideal candidate is proficient in basic and advanced grammar rules and understands how they are used within our style guides. This person is meticulous in reviewing copy, noting errors such as punctuation, spelling, and word usage, and knows how to check statements for accuracy. This role directs the label process and is the keeper of the company guidelines. This person communicates effectively with writers, designers, and other staff to ensure all multimedia including product labels meet those guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads translation process by collecting content and sending out documents for translations.
- Acquires translations and coordinates with ITO for translation review.
- Directs internal review of labels by collecting project documents and uploading to label software.
- Tracks the status of translations and label content approvals.
- Collaborates with other departments to source label project assets.
- Primary label project resource for the marketing team.
Copyediting and Proofreading
- Proofread materials for spelling, grammar, punctuation, syntax, usage, consistency, and brand voice.
- Review and proof labels for accuracy and consistency in accordance with label guidance.
- Review and markup written work, such as marketing materials (brochures and flyers) and communications.
- Proof digital communications and correspondence, including emails, press releases, website text, graphics, videos, etc.
- Ensure the accuracy of content. Verify the accuracy of all referenced facts (e.g., dates, pages, values) and double-check cross-referenced materials (e.g., websites, newspapers).
- Maintain source and reference logs to support the work.
- Provide constructive editorial input, and communicate with team members to affect consistent, accurate, and high-quality work product.
- Review content with regard to campaign, product, or brand consistency.
- Understand and consistently reflect the brand voice of the company in writing style
- Rewrite text to improve clarity and readability.
- Engage readers with informative, entertaining, and educational copy.
- Inform readers on the features of products using accurate and current information
- Maintain Copy Standards for company-wide use.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, marketing, communications, or applicable major is preferred
- One to two (1–2) years of relevant experience preferred
- Experience in lieu of education will be considered
- Experience as a professional copy editor/proofreader strongly preferred
- Experience with Content Management Systems
BG is an equal opportunity employer. Employment at BG is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. BG does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law.