The Product Stewardship Specialist I is part of the overall BG Compliance team and provides entry level knowledge and support to the Product Stewardship Department to ensure regulatory compliance of BG Products safety data sheet program, product labeling guidance and their subsequent regulatory compliance requirements. This position collaborates closely with the Product Stewardship Supervisor, Product Stewardship Specialists and with various stakeholders within BG Products.
Duties and responsibilities
- Under the guidance of the Product Stewardship Supervisor, the Product Stewardship Specialist I uses their entry level knowledge of Product Stewardship to support the activities of the Product Stewardship department in the following ways:
- Support the BG Compliance team with application of specialized entry level knowledge in global health, safety, packaging, labeling, and reporting and transportation
- Complete tasks that will ensure products are in full compliance with global regulatory requirements for labeling, hazard communication, and reporting and/or registration requirements (as dictated by OSHA, CLP/EU REACH, K-REACH, DOT and other agencies).
- Complete tasks that will support of companywide training efforts to maintain awareness and compliance.
- Entry level Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and label authoring and support.
- Complete tasks in support of internal and external customer concerns regarding the regulatory compliance status of BG Products, Inc. chemical
- Complete tasks in support of review and development of product stewardship best practices including regulatory tracking, regulatory research and other aspects as assigned.
- Complete tasks in support of company-wide compliance through compilation of required data to prepare and submit VOC CARB/OTC, EPA/CDR, TSCA 12B, NDSL, etc. reports to appropriate regulatory
- Complete tasks in support of identifying potential risks for the company and suggest action and/or corrective course to minimize such risk and ensure timely
- Gain knowledge of relevant regulation, monitor proposed changes in
- Complete tasks in support of maintaining quality within the scope of the job description.
- Perform other duties and participates in special projects as
- BA/BS in Environmental Science (preferred), or related field
- 1-3 years of experience in a corporate regulatory environment with the responsibility for chemical compliance with health, safety, packaging, labeling and transportation regulations in the Professional and Industrial setting in the US and Canada
- DOT/IMDG/IATA Certification a plus
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
BG is an equal opportunity employer. Employment at BG is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. BG does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law.