Responsible for the process of blending and receiving various raw materials while adhering to all applicable regulations and compliance policies within the department.
Duties and responsibilities
- Batches product and completed all documentation in support of production
- Loads and unloads incoming tanker trucks
- Acquires operational knowledge of blending and fluid transfers at both BG Products Manufacturing locations
- Maintains awareness of Blending Center/Production issues affecting output, quality and yields
- Manages the process to transfer fluid to bulk storage or packaging lines
- Observes and monitors equipment to ensure safe and efficient operation
- Inspects work areas, tools and equipment in order to detect unsafe conditions; and follows up with necessary repairs and resolution procedures
- Performs operator maintenance on blending equipment and troubleshoots and notifies maintenance of needed equipment repairs
- Ensures compliance adherence regarding all safety/quality programs; ISO, LOTO, PSM, OSHA regulations, etc.
- Works overtime and after hours call backs as needed
- Maintaining inventory and other information when necessary by climbing and gauging tanks and sampling product
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Two year technical degree preferred.
- Six months of experience with a forklift, hand truck, or other material handling equipment required.
- Prior blending or manufacturing experience required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must possess an understanding of functional process control.
- Ability to read and process blue prints, strong computer skills and programmable control (i.e. Alan Bradley, Siemens) experience are a strongly preferred.
- Must be able to monitor and calculate formulas to ensure proper specification of finished products and be able to make adjustments to process variables.
- Must have adequate manual dexterity to write legibly and perform required duties on the computer. Microsoft outlook, excel, and scanner experience preferred.
- Must have adequate visual acuity to read, interpret and transcribe written material and to perform other required duties.
BG Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.