Responsible for planning and overseeing the work of maintenance staff to ensure safe and efficient operations of the assigned facilities. The maintenance staff is tasked with the upkeep of buildings and grounds, as well as upkeep of machinery to ensure production operates within optimal standards.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains all packaging lines with a high level of reliability per OEM specs.
- Manages HVAC, boiler, and all utility systems and all BG Buildings and Grounds maintenance at assigned facilities.
- Develops and maintains maintenance programs, CMMS, PM’s, maintain all equipment per PM system.
- Delegates work orders, prioritizes tasks, and manages employees’ time and productivity to ensure efficient use of time.
- Develops and manages department budgets.
- Develops projects, obtains quotes, supervises and works with contractors, implements and follows up on all projects to ensure completion.
- Promotes safety compliance regarding all safety programs; LOTO, PSM, OSHA, etc.
- Supervises work areas and examine tools and equipment in order to detect unsafe conditions or violations of procedures or safety rules; Follows up with corrective actions.
- Works overtime as needed, manage after hours call backs and monitor operations remotely.
- Supervises the maintenance department hourly workforce to ensure attainment of key business results in areas of Safety, Quality, Cost, and Delivery to Internal and External Customers.
- Provides assistance to new product development and subsequent production of.
- Ensures departmental processes are working within ISO and EHS policies; participates in and resolve audit findings as needed.
- Ensures all procedures and work instructions are current and updated.
- Effectively collaborates with, and manages, a work team with specific responsibility for motivating others, ensuring performance, schedule execution, task coordination, equipment and area preparation and effective administration of personnel policies and procedures.
- Manages conflict and effect resolution to technical and personnel challenges is key along with openness to change and the ability to effect positive change.
- Supports activities in the areas of cost containment, efficiency, productivity, energy conservation, waste minimization, operational excellence and lean practices.
- Evaluates, coaches, mentors, trains, leads and develops employees.
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent from four-year College or technical school and 2 to 4 years of related experience and/or training. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered. Experience managing in a production / manufacturing environment strongly preferred.
BG Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.