Will be responsible for conducting preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs associated with production packaging and support equipment. Install, repair, and maintain electrical components within industrial and commercial environments.
Duties and responsibilities
- Install, repair or service machinery, equipment, and support systems as required
- Work directly with production associates and management to problem solve and correct equipment reliability issues
- Execute predictive and preventative maintenance practices for all production and/or batching equipment
- Identify and correct potential equipment problems using various troubleshooting methods
- Properly perform all necessary maintenance tasks to production lines (changeovers, component replace/repair/rebuild, modifications)
- Install, maintain, modify and repair all electrical distribution systems and associated electrical equipment (rigid conduit and wire, PLC knowledge) ranging from 12v to 480v
- Cutting, bending, threading and running electrical conduit materials
- Complete work orders and record material utilized on jobs
- Troubleshoot electrical systems, including transformers, transfer switches and MCC equipment
- Read and interpret drawings and wiring schematics
- Participate in continuous improvement activities
- Perform electrical preventative and corrective maintenance on all plant equipment including facility assets
- Must be willing to help the jobsite team in the following areas: General Preventive Maintenance, welding, cleaning and painting
- Maintain plant communications network, production computers, and associated equipment.
- Ensure quality of work to reduce call backs
- Follow all procedures and work instructions to ensure conformance to company policies
- Will work overtime and other duties as assigned
- Comply and participate with BG safety, quality, and policy guidelines
High school diploma or GED required. Vocational training preferred. Journeyman’s electrical license required, Master’s Electrical license preferred. Two (2) to three (3) years’ experience in industrial maintenance required with an emphasis on packaging equipment preferred. Competency with electrical blueprints, schematics, and diagrams. Three phase, calculating electrical load, NEC Code experience preferred. Light welding/fabrication experience preferred.