Will be responsible for conducting preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs associated with production packaging and support equipment. Assist the Electrical Project Dept. with Installations, repairs, and maintenance of electrical components and equipment.
Duties and responsibilities
- Work directly with production associates and management to problem solve and correct equipment reliability issues
- Assist with predictive and preventative maintenance practices for all production and/or batching equipment
- Identify and correct potential equipment problems using various troubleshooting methods
- Properly perform all necessary maintenance tasks to production lines (changeovers, component replace/repair/rebuild, modifications)
- Assist with the Installation and repair of all electrical distribution systems and associated electrical equipment (rigid conduit and wire, PLC knowledge) ranging from 12v to 480v
- Cutting, bending, threading and running electrical conduit materials
- Complete work orders and record material utilized on jobs
- Assist with troubleshooting electrical systems, including transformers, transfer switches and MCC equipment
- Read and interpret drawings and wiring schematics
- Participate in continuous improvement activities
- Assist with and perform electrical preventative and corrective maintenance on all plant equipment including facility assets
- Must be willing to help the jobsite team in the following areas: General Preventive Maintenance, welding, cleaning, housekeeping, and painting
- Assist with the maintenance of plant communications network, production computers, and associated equipment.
- Ensure quality of work to reduce call backs
- Follow all procedures and work instructions to ensure conformance to company policies
- Will work overtime and other duties as assigned
- Comply and participate with BG safety, quality, and policy guidelines
High school diploma or GED required. Vocational training preferred. Two (2) to three (3) years’ experience in industrial maintenance required with an emphasis on packaging equipment preferred. Competency with electrical blueprints, schematics, and diagrams. Three phase, calculating electrical load, NEC Code experience preferred. Light welding/fabrication experience preferred.
BG is an equal opportunity employer. Employment at BG is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. BG does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law.