As a member of the BG Product Technology team, the Laboratory Quality Specialist will work with chemical scientists to ensure the compliance and support of the directives of our quality management system as it relates to both the research and development and quality control laboratory setting. In addition, the Laboratory Quality Specialist will assist management and senior level scientists in the expansion and refinement of our quality program, provide technical and analytical support to promote continuous process improvements, and play a lead role in maintaining and troubleshooting laboratory equipment and instrumentation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with ISO 9001 and 17025 standards and procedures
- Provide a regular review and update of all current laboratory forms and procedures as they relate to the laboratory quality system
- Coordinate outside calibrations and assist with internal calibrations of laboratory equipment as needed
- Lead role in ensuring preparedness of the laboratories for all internal and external ISO audits
- Obtain quotes, outline costs, and schedule and/or perform preventive maintenance of laboratory equipment as needed
- Perform routine equipment performance checks
- Maintain and update calibration certificates for standards and instruments
- Initiate writing new laboratory documentation as needed when it relates to the laboratory quality system
- Assist with laboratory training, competency assessment and proficiency testing
- Collaborate with management to prepare and implement corrective action plans for internal and external quality audits
- Work with the Compliance department to ensure laboratory is current with changes in standards and regulations both local and global
- Provide guidance regarding quality aspects of laboratory operations as needed (e.g. instrumentation and equipment control, regular review of standard and calibration expirations, maintenance of logbooks, etc.)
- Follow lab safety protocols and procedures to ensure a safe and healthy work environment
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Education –BA/BS in Chemistry or related science field preferred. Industry experience and college related science/math courses in lieu of education will be considered
- Experience – Minimum two years’ experience in a chemical laboratory, petroleum or allied industry preferred.
- Experience in analytical testing is highly desirable
- Participation in laboratory ISO audits required
- Experience writing laboratory procedures preferred
- Must be computer literate with good knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word, and Adobe Acrobat
BG is an equal opportunity employer. Employment at BG is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. BG does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law.