The Jr Planner is responsible for assisting the planner’s coordinated efforts in scheduling of production within BG Operations in sequence with ensuring raw material availability to support internal and external customers. This position interfaces with various departments that are impactful to the total production process and is collaborative with key management roles to ensure the successful production of new products.
Duties and responsibilities
- Observes day to day MRP cycles while monitoring the appropriate materials to support the schedules in a timely manner to ensure due dates and production priorities are met.
- Works closely with Production Schedulers and internal teams to ensure that raw material/finished goods inventory is available to meet customer demand.
- Reviews immediate needs and performs transfers of raw materials/ product produced
- Works closely with Purchasing to ensure raw material availability and coordinates to expedite or defer material from suppliers as required
- Collaborates with production schedulers to monitor inventory of raw materials against present and anticipated sales orders
- Develop and maintain effective communication and partnership between all departments regarding expectations and requirements of the production schedule
- Advises appropriate team members of the status of work in progress, material availability and potential production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials and services are provided as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous experience with scheduling and/or ERP system in a manufacturing environment preferred