Will be responsible for providing fast and useful assistance on computer systems by answering user questions on basic technical issues and offering advice on how to solve them. IT Support Technician assists in achieving the goals of the IT Department in the operation and maintenance of the personal computer network, hardware, and software applications.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as the first point of contact for users seeking technical assistance over the phone or email.
- Perform remote troubleshooting through applied diagnostic techniques, support software and pertinent questions.
- Determine a course of action based on the issue and details provided by users.
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel.
- Provide accurate information to users on IT products and services.
- Record events and problems and their resolution in logs.
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by users as appropriate.
- Identify and suggest possible improvements to procedures.
- Assist with day-to-day IT operations including administrative procedures, asset management and inventory controls.
- Research new technology, stay current on technical literature and industry standards.
- Be able to work overtime as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
College, trade school or professional training in network support, with emphasis on help desk. Minimum of two years help-desk experience or other user support role.
Must demonstrate tech savvy with working knowledge of office automation products, databases and remote control. Must have a good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products. Individual must have the ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues. Individual should possess the ability to organize and prioritize daily workload. Must be user-oriented, cool-tempered and able to work as a team member.
BG Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.