The iOS Developer position will work in collaboration with the Marketing Department to design, build, and maintain iOS apps. This will encompass the entire lifecycle of BG Products mobile apps: planning, architecture, development, testing, and support/maintenance. The role is largely self-directed, once a business goal has been established, and has significant input into the direction each app/strategy could take.
Duties and responsibilities
- Confer with Technical and Applications Development Manager to prioritize needs, resolve conflicts, develop content criteria, or choose solutions.
- Perform and/or direct iOS application updates.
- Analyze complexity of solution and prioritize multiple possible objectives accordingly.
- Plan and architect app from the ground up, largely without outside direction.
- Implement code in a clean, modular, and reusable way.
- Identify problems uncovered by testing or customer feedback, and correct problems.
- Debug/resolve crashes and performance issues.
- Design and implement iOS security measures such as message encryption.
- Actively follow the ongoing evolution of the operating system’s APIs and the development SDKs to keep apps fast, stable, and as “future-proof” as possible.
- Collaborate with the design team to build a clean user experience that follows visual language while fitting into the Apple ecosystem.
- Maintain understanding of current iOS/Apple technologies or programming practices through continuing education, reading, or participation in professional conferences, workshops, or groups.
- Document test plans, testing procedures, or test results.
- Recommend and implement performance improvements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, or related field from an accredited school preferred. Equivalent experience will be considered in lieu of education.
- 1-3 years of experience in iOS applications development required.
- Strong work experience and understanding of Objective-C.
- Prior work experience with Swift (or willingness to learn), Xcode, and the iOS platform: UIKit, Auto-Layout, CoreData, Size Classes.
- Understanding of iOS networking APIs to interact with internally hosted web services and parse the JSON responses.
- Core Bluetooth experience and working knowledge of OBDII interaction with vehicle ECUs a plus.
- Knowledge of GIT(github.com) or similar preferred.
BG Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.