Will be responsible for various general accounting responsibilities, with an emphasis on fixed assets, credit cards, payroll posting, wires/ACHs, and reconciliations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Track fixed assets by department and compute monthly and annual depreciation
- Perform period audits of fixed asset listing to ensure proper assessment of property taxes
- Maintain general ledger accounts by preparing and posting general ledger entries
- Preparation of worksheets analyzing various accounts at month-end
- Record accounts receivable receipts entries to general ledger
- Record miscellaneous cash receipts and disbursements entries to general ledger
- Preparation of worksheet analyzing freight bills for accounts payable
- Ensure property taxes are calculated correctly and remitted to the proper regulatory agencies by the deadlines
- Purchase card management, user assistance, and reconciliations.
- Expand knowledge of overall general accounting functions so that coverage can be provided in absence of other general accountants
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in accounting preferred. Minimum of five (5) years’ experience required. Experience in lieu of education will be considered.
BG is an equal opportunity employer. Employment at BG is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. BG does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law.