The Finishing Operator is responsible for the operation of an ABG Digicon machine designed for the purpose of unwinding, printing, laminating, die cutting, inspecting and rewinding rolls of carrier based materials from a master roll of material produced on the digital press. The operator is responsible for meeting customer requirements while conforming to company standards for quality and job parameters.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensures productivity while minimizing waste and maximizing output by monitoring the converting process, recognizing output problems, and implementing the appropriate corrective actions.
- Maintains machine stability and dependability by performing routine maintenance, being on schedule and maintaining prescribed procedures, equipment specifications, and acquired knowledge of machine operations.
- Monitors and inspects digitally printed products for conformance to specifications using defined methods and equipment before releasing to internal and external customers.
- Maximizes efficiencies of the machine through accurate machine setup of dies, inks, varnishes, laminates, etc. according to procedure.
- Examines job orders to determine details such as quantities to be produced, production times, and job specifications.
- Monitors feeding and printing processes of Digicon / Digilite in order to maintain specified operating levels and to detect malfunctions; make any necessary adjustments.
- Operates equipment at required speed to ensure proper alignment, and registration.
- Primes unconverted materials with the required coatings according to procedure for conversion on the digital press. (Digicon only)
- Loads, positions, and adjusts printed materials on holding fixtures or in equipment loading and feeding mechanisms.
- Changes out and replaces various consumables and tooling. Calibrating the equipment by making measurements and adjustments to control output.
- Removes printed materials from machine and transports them to storage or finishing areas.
- Ensures the work conducted within the production area is performed in a safe and efficient manner and ensures any unsafe work conditions are addressed immediately.
- Ensures adherence to all quality control processes and procedures and actively supports the company’s internal audit program.
- Maintains daily time and materials usage reports by entering information into the computer print management system.
- Works overtime as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma equivalent required
- 1-2 years relevant experience in printing required
BG Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.