Design Engineer (Wichita)
Perform engineering duties in planning and designing tools, engines, machines and other mechanically functioning equipment. Will be responsible for oversee of installation, operation, maintenance and repair of equipment.
Duties and responsibilities
- Apply engineering principles or practices to the application processes used at BG Products.
- Develop the structural design of products using drafting tools or computer-assisted design (CAD) or drafting equipment and software.
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Coordinate and assign part numbers, descriptions, and Bill of Material list for new parts that are developed.
- Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation.
- Conduct research that tests or analyzes the feasibility, design, operation, or performance of equipment, components, or systems.
- Confer with engineers or other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, or provide technical information.
- Design test control apparatus or equipment or develop procedures for testing products.
- Develop and test models of alternate designs and processing methods to assess feasibility, operating condition effects, possible new applications and necessity of modification.
- Develop, coordinate, or monitor all aspects of production, including selection of manufacturing methods, fabrication, or operation of product designs.
- Establish or coordinate the maintenance or safety procedures, service schedule, or supply of materials required to maintain machines or equipment in the prescribed condition.
- Estimate costs and submit bids for engineering, construction, or extraction projects, and prepare contract documents.
- Provide feedback to management team on customer problems or needs.
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, or computer-generated reports.
- Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, or other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, or maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
- Research, design, evaluate, install, operate, and maintain mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles.
- Solicit new business and provide technical customer service.
- Write performance requirements for product development or engineering projects.
- Compute mathematical formulas to develop and design detailed specifications for components or machinery using computer-assisted equipment, position instructions and comments onto drawings.
- Layout and draw schematic, orthographic, or angle views to depict functional relationships of components, assemblies, systems and machines.
- Confer with 3rd Party Vendors to review schematics and answer questions pertaining to installation of systems
- Layout, draw and reproduce illustrations for reference manuals and technical publications to describe operation and maintenance of mechanical systems
- Other duties as assigned
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering Required.
- 3-5 years of experience in design/development of new or re-design of existing products required.
- Experience in chemical applications using tool/equipment processes for automotive systems is preferred.
BG Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.