The Content Strategy Specialist will create and manage content for varied audiences across multiple platforms in video, audio, and written format. They will also ensure all content and assets are relevant, competitive, and up-to-date. They will drive the ongoing research of SEO in order to optimize digital marketing content delivery on the company website, social media channels, and overall content campaign efforts. The optimized content will drive awareness, engagement, and conversion across all segments to ensure the best possible user experience. They will create and manage content for varied audiences across multiple platforms in video, audio, and written format.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Guide content team to create high-quality, accurate content based on company-defined editorial standards, compliance standards, and SEO best practices
- Perform a content audit to cull all content and assets on the website and Dashboard. Build a spreadsheet to track the types of content and assets, frequency of use/traffic, and what products, services, programs, and equipment appear on these pieces.
- Determine what content/assets need to be purged or updated to ensure these pieces are serving users appropriately.
- Set a process and schedule for reviewing content/assets on a regular basis and identifying areas for improvement and working with appropriate authors and SMEs for updates.
- Use Google Analytics to identify which content performs well and identify patterns.
- Update previously published content when a new post is published to keep the content relevant and performing well along with the new piece.
- Assess content/assets for spelling and grammar, images, outdated or obsolete information, sentence length and paragraph structure and bulleted/numbered lists. Update or delegate piece to appropriate person for updating.
- Optimize keywords and titles to drive organic traffic to the website.
- Periodic review of information available to customers on internal and consumer-facing websites.
- Create and maintain documents that may be used to cross-reference product and service information so that when a change is made, subsequent connected information will be updated, and obsolete information removed.
- Ensure high-quality, accurate web content based on company-defined editorial standards, compliance standards, and SEO best practices.
- Make recommended content decisions and edit revisions based on Google Analytics reporting
- Oversee keyword research, content distribution, and analysis to meet business objectives
- Participate in the development and implementation of a go to market strategy
- Identify appropriate Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and report key metrics from campaigns using Google Analytics and data from other marketing platforms
- Cultivate a solid understanding of our business and the emotional connection of our services to both our B2B customers (dealerships and independent shops) and consumers
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or applicable major is preferred
- Three to five (3–5) years of relevant experience preferred
- Experience in lieu of education will be considered
- Experience with SEO/SEM best practices and applications and social and web analytics preferred
- Experience with web creation, design and editing software preferred
- Experience as a professional writer/editor strongly preferred
- Understanding of basic graphic design fundamentals
- Experience with Content Management Systems
BG is an equal opportunity employer. Employment at BG is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. BG does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law.