Review submitted claims to determine that payments and settlements are made in accordance with company practices and procedures. Confer with management on claims requiring goodwill approval or potential litigation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Enter claims information into database systems
- Prepare claims forms or related documents and review them for completeness
- Enter information into claims portal or upload documents
- Transmit claims for payment or further investigation
- Contact insured or other involved persons to obtain missing information
- Review Protection Plan language to determine program coverage
- Review repair orders, estimates/photos to determine the extent of liability.
- Review information gathered by investigation, and report findings and recommendations.
- Refer questionable claims to claims specialist or courtesy claim manager to discuss plan for further investigation or settlement.
- Verify and analyze data used in settling claims to ensure that claims are valid and that settlements are made according to company practices and procedures.
- Report overpayments, underpayments, and other irregularities.
- Communicate with company personnel to obtain information necessary for processing claims.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Education – H.S. Diploma required. Associates or Bachelor Degree preferred.
- Experience –2-4 years of customer experience.
- Familiar with auto estimates, mechanical labor times, mechanical components and systems preferred.
- Some automotive knowledge preferred.
BG Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.