Responsible to run MRP and generate purchase orders, negotiate and expedite all orders for production and all assigned commodities while focusing on cost reduction and supplier delivery performance.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Run MRP and generate orders.
• Supplies cost accounting information on all price increases, and decreases. Provide management with forecasted industry changes when appropriate.
• Will work with existing suppliers to ensure desired performance is achieved in areas of cost, and delivery.
• Maintains and improves vendor relations so as to improve consistent cost, and delivery performance.
• Prepares and maintains purchase orders including quantities to insure proper material flow on items needed. Expedites purchase order to insure timely delivery.
• Maintains procurement records such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, performance, and inventories.
• Will lead and/or participate in a variety of department related projects.
• Evaluate and monitor contract performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and to determine need for changes.
• Analyze price proposals and data and information to determine reasonable prices.
• Monitor and follow applicable laws and regulations.
• Work with other Buyers as directed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• B.S. Degree in Business or related field or 2-5 years of experience in related position required.
• Specific experience preferred in fundamentals of material requirement planning (MRP) in a manufacturing environment along with a direct working knowledge of processes related to Quality Systems, New Product Development, and Project Management preferred.
• Experience in high speed packaging and /or manufacturing process preferred
• Related ASQ or Quality Certifications preferred.
BG Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.