The Back-End Web Developer position will work in collaboration with Marketing to design, build, or maintain web sites, using authoring or scripting languages, content creation tools, management tools, and digital media. In addition, this position will identify problems uncovered by testing or customer feedback, correct problems, and will evaluate code to ensure that it is valid, properly structured, meets industry standards and is compatible with browsers, devices, and/or operating systems.
Duties and responsibilities
- Design, build, or maintain website code, using authoring or scripting languages, content creation tools, management tools, and digital media.
- Perform and/or direct website and database updates.
- Confer with Technical and Applications Development Manager to prioritize needs, resolve conflicts, develop content criteria, or choose solutions.
- Backup files from websites to local directories for instant recovery in case of problems.
- Identify problems uncovered by testing or customer feedback, and correct problems.
- Evaluate code to ensure that it is valid, properly structured, meets industry standards and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems.
- Maintain understanding of current web technologies or programming practices through continuing education, reading, or participation in professional conferences, workshops, or groups.
- Design and implement website security measures such as message encryption.
- Develop databases that support web applications and websites.
- Develop or implement procedures for ongoing website revision.
- Document test plans, testing procedures, or test results.
- Identify or maintain links to and from other websites and check links to ensure proper functioning.
- Perform website tests according to planned schedules, or after any website or application revisions.
- Recommend and implement performance improvements.
- Write supporting code for web applications or websites.
- Other duties as assigned.*
Education – Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, or related field from an accredited school preferred. Equivalent experience in lieu of education will be considered.
- Must understand LAMP stack (Linux operating system, Apache HTTP Server, MySQL relational database management system, and PHP programming language) required.
- 2-3 years of experience in web applications development strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of the Laravel PHP framework preferred.
- Knowledge of GIT(github.com) or similar preferred.
- Knowledge of MEAN stack (MongoDB, Express.js, Angular.js, and Node.js) preferred.
BG Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.