Responsible to run MRP, generate purchase orders, and expedite all orders for production as needed while focusing on cost reduction and supplier delivery performance.
Duties and responsibilities
- Run MRP and generate orders.
- Supply cost accounting information on all price increases and decreases as needed.
- Work with existing suppliers to ensure desired performance is achieved in areas of cost and delivery.
- Maintain and improve vendor relations so as to improve consistent cost and delivery performance.
- Prepare and maintain purchase orders, including quantities, to insure proper material flow on items needed.
- Expedite purchase orders to insure timely delivery as needed or required.
- Maintain procurement records such as items or services purchased, their cost and delivery information, performance, and inventories levels.
- Participate in a variety of department related projects as assigned.
- Monitor and follow applicable laws and regulations.
- Troubleshoot and resolve report issues as needed.
- Work with other Buyers and Sourcing Specialist as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or one year to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Some experience preferred in fundamentals of material requirement planning (MRP) in a manufacturing environment.
BG Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.