The Art Director establishes conceptual and stylistic direction for marketing campaigns and corporate identity projects and helps direct the creative work of other graphic designers. The Art Director confers with the Creative Director to distribute workload and help oversee select projects, as well as the work with vendors and other departments to achieve company goals.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop an atmosphere of creativity and design exploration within the department to foster innovative marketing impact over time
- Coordinate with Creative Director to balance workloads and share resources as necessary to complete projects on schedule
- Work with and direct individual designers on their assignments and assemble teams to facilitate more involved projects
- Provide art direction on a variety of media, including photography/video, illustration, web/digital assets and print applications
- Help create and implement departmental best practices for file preparation, file management and graphic standards
- Create designs, concepts, and sample layouts based on knowledge of layout principles, aesthetic design concepts, and aligned with Brand guidelines.
- Ensures all projects and initiatives are on budget and meet deliverable milestones/deadlines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or related field required. Experience in lieu of professional training will be considered.
- 5-7 years in graphic design or senior designer role
- Strong design skill set proficient in illustration, iconography, typography and layout.
- Adobe product portfolio expert (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), and other graphic design tools.
- Ability to create great working relationships with all levels within the company and across multiple disciplines
BG Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.