Employee will be responsible for assisting the Accounting department in performing various tasks with a focus in Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
Duties and responsibilities
- Calculate, prepare, and issue customer invoices and statements using Accounting/ERP software.
- Check figures, postings, and documents for coding, mathematical accuracy, and entry.
- Calculate and prepare checks for invoices, taxes, and other payments.
- Prepare, send and record ACH/Wire payments.
- Prepare bank deposits by compiling data, verifying and balancing receipts, and sending remote/physical deposits.
- Receive and record customer payments received by lockbox and mail.
- Comply with all federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Backup for both Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
- Assist General Accounting personnel in performing management reporting and other clerical work as needed.
- Gather records and prepare schedules/questionnaires for audits.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education – High school diploma or GED required. Associates degree preferred.
- Experience – Six (6) months administrative office experience required.
- Two (2) years clerical work in Accounting desirable.
- Prior experience using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook) required.
BG Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.